Meet the Team: Daniel Harte
1. What is something not many people know about you?
I can’t ride a 10 foot tall unicycle while juggling 8 flaming chainsaws and balancing a giraffe on my head.
2. Why did you get into recruitment?
It was a great chance to have contact with a wide range of businesses. On top of that, it was a chance to not only learn about business but also IT.
3. Favourite city/country you have been to?
4. Favourite thing to do at the weekend?
Drink beers with mates while watching MMA.
5. What do you like best about your job?
We are lucky to interact with a wide range of companies and people every day and it’s fun to see how most successful people share similar traits.
6. What is your biggest fear?
Answering these type of questions.
7. Favourite food/cuisine?
8. Cats or Dogs?
After watching Tiger King on Netflix I would have to says big cats…because they come with the most interesting owners.
9. What song would you sing at karaoke?
Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin. The mistake at karaoke (which I’ve made a million times) is trying to sing your favourite song as opposed to singing something that matches your vocal range. Freddie Mercury’s voice was famous for a reason.
10. What was the last film/tv show you watched?
11. What does recruitment in the future look like?
My guess is that there will be a lot more AI and automation tools available to the average recruiter/hiring company. Used well, these will be a fantastic tool to help streamline the talent sourcing process. Used poorly, they will get in the way of developing real relationships and create lazy and ineffective recruitment processes. An effective balance of leveraging tech tools and good old fashion human interaction will be the sweet spot to aim for.
12. What has changed most about recruitment since you started?
A social media presence is critical…however can’t replace long-term trusted relationships.